1.22.2011

New Year's Resolutions

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(Skirt: In store now, Hat: Urban Outfitters, Top: American Apparel, Jewelry: Forever 21, Shoes: Jessica Simpson)

Besides the usual New Year's resolutions like eating healthier and exercising more... which I have to admit were also on my long list of resolutions in 2011, my most important one is to live everyday in the moment. 2010 was a very difficult year for me and my family. My grandmother, who was like a second mother to me and was written about many times in our blog, passed away in September. It has been a very long recovery process. The holidays weren't the same without her there. The loss of a loved one causes us to look backwards but also forces us to look forward. From now on and everyday forward, I want to live everyday in the moment, nurturing my relationships with those who are still with me.

A few weeks ago I stumbled across a journal that my grandmother and I used to write back and forth to each other. I gave it to her as a Christmas present one year when I was very young and I had no money to buy Christmas gifts. I always thought that the gift idea was horrible. I felt so bad that I didn't have the money to buy her a proper gift. But now I realize how great the journal is. A gift would have been thrown out or forgotten about but the journal lasts a lifetime. Now I have something I can read that will remind me of all the great times we shared together. Documenting your journey through life helps you reflect on memories that would normally be forgotten. Our blog is kind of like a journal of our journey starting a business as sisters.

We have neglected our blog since the new year. Organizing our two sales all while sourcing our first new collection of the year, has taken up alot of our time. But while being busy with all of these things, in the back of my head I still kept thinking how much I missed blogging. One of my many New Year's resolutions was to put alot of tender loving care into our blog. 2011 is going to be a big year for the store and we want you to be with us on this journey every step of the way.

xoxo,
Candice

No comments: