1.04.2013

Personal New Years Resolutions for 2013

Oh January!  I am SO happy you are here!  I've made quite a few personal goals for 2013 and I am so ready to start tackling them head on!


1. First on the list: save money!  It seems like this is always one of my New Years Resolutions.  But this year, we want to save up so we can start another house project.  We completely renovated our master bathroom last year-you can see it here.  It cost quite a bit of money and we did it when I was 8 months pregnant (highly don't recommend) but we are so happy with the final results.  This year, we want to redo our kitchen!  I'm using this kitchen as my inspiration.  It's perfect!


2. I want to be more crafty!  I just came across THIS blog ( I KNOW, where have I been?) and Mrs. Alicia has really inspired me to be more creative and crafty.  Nothing beats handmade and it would be so amazing if I could make my little man a crochet beanie like this...


or maybe even a sampler like this.... beautiful, right?!?


3.  Next on my list, I need to lose those last 10 stubborn pounds I gained with the birth of my sweet Oliver.  Yes, Oliver is almost 9 months old and I should have already lost the weight by now, but to be honest, it just hasn't been a big priority of mine in the last few months.  But now it is.


My passion has always been long distance running!  I just love it.  And I'm definitely planning on strapping on my running shoes and going for a jog every day!  We got this amazing running stroller for Christmas... so I have no excuse now ha!


I hope to be in a little red bikini like this by Summer!  Although, I don't know if I could ever be this thin lol


4. I also want to continue to stick to a vegan diet!  My husband and I became vegan after watching this documentary almost 2 years ago and we absolutely loved how it made us feel.  I think it even made my pregnancy smoother.  But in the last few months my husband and I started eating dairy again (mainly cheese) and it hasn't made us feel so great.  So back to a clean diet we go!  I got this cookbook for Christmas and the recipes we've made so far have been really, really good!  I can't wait to make more of them!


5.  I also want to start using my professional camera more when it comes to my day-to-day life.  


Instagram has made it so easy to take pictures!  It also saves you from having to lug around a big bulky camera all day but I just adore my canon rebel and no smartphone can beat the picture quality.



6. Last but definitely not least, I want to be a better mother.  I think my hubby and I are doing a fine job now but like anything, I can always be better!  I want to live more in the moment with him.  I'm human and sometimes I fall into a rut of being stressed out about bills or that never ending pile of laundry.  But at the end of the day, none of that really matters!  What matters is genuinely enjoying every moment with the ones you love!  Smell the roses, like my mom likes to say.



Here's to an awesome 2013!

xo, Vanessa

(Image links: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 12)

No comments: