3.07.2011

Cliché

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(Dress: In store now, Hat: Vintage, Shoes: Jessica Simpson)

It looks as if I was trying to channel Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz (circa 1940's). However, that was not at all my plan when I began styling this outfit for this post. I thought the braids would be a good change from my normal everyday hair do but ignored the fact that pairing it with a checkered dress and straw hat looks way too cliche. But, "Hey, what the hell!" Sometimes it's nice to change it up a bit. I am so happy that I finally got to wear this vintage straw hat that we've had for months. Vanessa and I have stacks and stacks of hats and hair pieces that we never seem to get use of. We continue to purchase new pieces that we say we are going to pair with 'this' or 'that' but they always seem to sit there and collect dust. We have a few pieces that we always use just because they are tried and true. It is so nice to actually get use out of our impulsive purchases for once- like this straw hat :)

xo,
Candice

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it!
Channeling Dorothy is great! I love the Wizard of Oz!!