9.25.2010

For Sale

For so many years, I would drive past this cute little home near my neighborhood and always think about how much I loved it. I fell in love with the home's turquoise door, it's large windows and it's feminine lace drapes. I always told myself that I wanted my future home to look exactly like it. So one day when we couldn't think of a place to take photos, for some reason this house popped up inside my head. We had to first ask the homeowner if it was okay to take photos in front of their home. When we knocked on the door a very nice elderly man answered and said he didn't see a problem with it. We ended up talking to him about the home's history. He told us that it was built in the late 1940's and his family moved in during the 60's. No wonder why I loved it- old homes are always the most beautiful homes! He told us that he was a professor at UCLA during the 60's. How amazing is that! Can you imagine teaching during such a remarkable time in American history? Hearing all of this made me love the home even more.

We fell in love with this vintage dress when we found it at one of our recent shopping trips. We couldn't wait to list it at the top of this last week's collection. However, when we took it home to steam, we discovered it had some very light stains on the ruffles (that wouldn't come out at the dry cleaners) and therefore we couldn't sell it. We felt bad just putting it away so we decided we had to at least take some photos of it in the hope that we could find it a loving home... to maybe a vintage lover who could careless about the stains. A vintage lover who looks at stains, tears and holes as the garment's history. I know that when I find a vintage piece that I love, I don't really care about it's defects. I look at each hole, stain and tear as the piece's story. I always wonder, who had this before me? Where did they live? Where did they travel? Who did they know? To me, that is why vintage is so great. So to all the vintage fanatics out there like me, we would love for our dress to be in your home.

xoxo,
Candice

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: